– Project –
Centre de preservation de Gatineau
Change the two burners on 1999 Volcanos of 200 BHP, as well as the oxygen probe, the variable frequency drive and modulating stack damper.
- Change burners to increase turndown ratio (10:1)
- Micro-modulation: The higher turndown ratio reduces cycling when the demand is low (particularly true in summer time when the boiler is only used for humidification).
- Oxygen probe (O2 Trim): The O2 Trim combined with a parallel positioning system allows an optimal control of the excess air over the entire range of operation.
- Combustion air motor drive: A drive (Variable Frequency Drive) on the combustion air motor was added and now contributes to a lower electricity bill while increasing combustion stability.
- Modulating stack damper: The stack dampers were added to reduce heat loss due to the natural draft of the stack. It also solved a vibration problem that the operators had at the boiler outlet (common stack).